I had a really weird spiritual experience yesterday, which I’m not ready to talk about here yet. But I was thinking just now about how grateful I am that I have a circle of trusted people in my life that I will be telling this experience to, and asking them what they make of it.
Do you long for that safe inner circle? Do you feel like an oddball sometimes, like you experience things that you can’t explain? Do you yearn for deeper connection with the divine, even if you don’t know quite what you mean by that? And do you sense you have something big to give to the world, but you have no idea how to bring it into existence?
I sent an email a few days ago with this list of traits that might show you that you’re part of the Healing Team. Here it is again:
- A sense of having a specific mission or purpose involving a major transformation in human experience, but being unable to articulate what this change might be.
- High levels of empathy; a sense of feeling what others feel.
- An urgent desire to lessen or prevent suffering for humans, animals, or even plants.
- Loneliness stemming from a sense of difference, despite generally high levels of social activity.
- High creativity; passion for music, poetry, performance, or visual arts.
- An intense love of animals, sometimes a desire to communicate with them.
- Difficult early life, often with a history of abuse or childhood trauma.
- Intense connection to certain of natural environments, such as the ocean, mountains or forest.
- Resistance to orthodox religiosity, paradoxically accompanied by a strong sense of either spiritual purpose or spiritual yearning.
- Love of plants and gardening, to the point of feeling empty or depressed without the chance to be among green things and/or help them grow.
- Very high emotional sensitivity, often leading to predilections for anxiety, addiction, or eating disorders.
- Sense of intense connection with certain cultures, languages, or geographic regions.
- Disability, often brain-centered (dyslexia, retardation, autism), in oneself or a loved one. Fascination with people who have intellectual disabilities or mental illness.
- Apparently gregarious personality contrasting with deep need for periods of solitude.
- Persistent or recurring physical illness, often severe, with symptoms that fluctuate inexplicably.
- Daydreams (or night dreams) about healing damaged people, creatures, or places.
If you’re saying, “That’s me!” to a lot of these, chances are you’re a ‘Wayfinder.’ Wayfinders are the people who would have been the priests and priestesses, the shamans, the healers and medicine people in other cultures. The oracles of wisdom. The conduits of the divine to the human realm.
If that’s you but you feel stuck in living out this calling, please oh PLEASE join me for 5 weeks for a journey together through “Finding Your Way in a Wild New World” by Martha Beck. The world needs the gifts you have to bring, and this interactive group can help you develop them.
There are still places available, but I’ve been talking with quite a few people who have expressed interest so don’t procrastinate! We start on Thursday, July 13th!
- Lots of interaction, discussion, questions and coaching on the live calls, and all the calls will be recorded to you can listen later if you like
- A closed Facebook group where you can connect with me and all the other participants, and process what you’re learning and experiencing
- A 60-minute 1-on-1 coaching session over the phone with me, which will be scheduled after the 5 sessions to help you apply all that you learned – and hey, that in itself makes this a great deal.I normally charge $125 for a session so you’re basically getting all the rest for twenty-five bucks!
So do you want to take the leap? I guarantee it will be a fun, exciting and insightful ride. Here is the link to leap with us: